Monday, September 24, 2012

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

September 24,

Happy Birthday!



On September 24, 1982, gas was $ 0.91 per gallon and houses were actually worth about the same. The first CD player was sold in Japan, and with out a doubt they were playing Physical by Olivia Newton-John or Mickey by Toni Basil. It was a great year for movies, the original Tron, Conan the Barbarian, Tootsie, ET, Poltergeist, Porky's, Best Little Whore House in Texas, An Officer and a Gentleman, and so many more great titles!  I remember that summer well, I spent every rainy day at the movies. We watched Annie at least seven times. As a matter of fact I wanted to name our families big addition Sandy, just like Annie's dog! For some reason my parents were against naming my sister after a dog. For some reason the thought Kasaundra was a better fit for a little girl. Despite all the great music and movies of 1982, oh my the TV was great too(Family Ties, Cheers, Knight Rider), anyways despite all this, it was the birth of my own real life baby doll that made the year (Annie was a close second).
Despite the years of torture she has released on me, she is still my best friend. I even forgave her for the bottle to the side of my head. Happy Birthday Little Sis! I am so proud of the woman you grew into, and happy as I was pretty sure for a while that you were going to grow horns and take over the world. You are taking on the world all right, just with your charm and wit (not minions or hell hounds!) I love you, and enjoy your year! This same little sis is getting married in April! Yeah!!
Here's to you!


Nerds Martini
Candy in the eighties was the best, and this martini is no exception!

Ingredients:
1oz. Midori
1oz. Blue Curacao
1 oz. Lemonade

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice
Don't try to fake it! Get out there and let me see you Shake IT!
Strain into a martini glass rimmed in your favorite flavored Nerds!
Beautiful...Oh Yeah!

"If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child."

- Linda Sunshine


30
You aren’t yet over the hill
But you are getting there.
You’re just now starting to see
More than one grey hair.
You’ll never again 
have to be carded.
And soon you’ll see
Your hair has departed.

No comments:

Post a Comment