Monday, September 3, 2012

Noone Ever Died From Sleeping in an Unmade Bed - Erma Bombeck


September 3-
Working Mothers Day

Everyone knows today is Labor Day, but I bet you didn't know today was Working Mothers Day as well. On August 17, 1978 Rep. Martha Keys introduced the H.J.Res. 1125 (95th), which provided for the designation of September 3, 1978 as Working Mother's Day. So as a working mom, I don't feel so bad that this blog was a little late, I was enjoying my day! Like most working mom's I spent the day leisurely making breakfast for kids, cleaning rooms, and prepping lunches for school tomorrow. All the more reasons to enjoy a cocktail after the kids are asleep!
Cheers ladies, this one's for us!


Stork Club 
Named after the legendary New York club in which it was created. From 1929 - 1965 the Stork Club was the symbol of cafe society, with movie stars celebrities, New York money and aristocrats.
I just liked the name, I am a member of the Stork Club, just a different one!


Ingredients:
1.5oz Gin
1oz Orange Liqueur (Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
1oz Orange Juice
1/4oz Lime Juice
1 Dash Angostura Bitters

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice
Shake it like a salt shaker
Strain into your favorite cocktail glass
(Your day, Your way!)
Garnish with an orange twist


Enjoy while remembering school starts tomorrow! :)


I know how to do anything - I'm a mom! - Rosanne Barr

No comments:

Post a Comment